Volunteer with Us
Volunteers are the life-blood of our organisation, and what they do in the lives of those in prison and as they pray is incredibly valuable. If you are looking to use your time to transform the lives of others, to develop new skills and to meet new people then volunteering could be for you.
How can I volunteer?
The most basic way you can volunteer is to join one of our local PF prayer groups. We ask all PF members to join their local group first before going into prison as this is where they will get a feel for PF’s work and be trained up to go into prison.
As well as supporting prisons in prayer, PF groups also run Bible Studies, help with chapel services and volunteer with chaplaincy in a wide variety of ways. Most PF groups meet once a month.
Ways to volunteer include:
- Become a PF group member and support your local prison – across England and Wales
- Become a PF group leader – various locations (contact the office for more details)
- Tutor a Sycamore Tree course in prison – various locations (contact the office for more details)
- Help Sycamore Tree learners in prison – various locations (contact the office for more details)
- Co-ordinate our Angel Tree programme for your local prison – various locations
- Write to someone in prison – across England and Wales
- Speak in churches about the work of Prison Fellowship – across England and Wales
- Coordinate PF volunteer activity in a local area (contact the office for more details)